FREE, the Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters, is undertaking the first ever comprehensive academic research study on the ET Contact Phenomena– The FREE Experiencer Research Study. Our study will focus on individuals who have had any type of UFO related “Contact” with non-human intelligent beings. No one has ever attempted this type of study before. For the first time ever, we will have comprehensive data on the Experiencer Contact Phenomena.
Attached is a Word file containing a document titled “Preliminary Findings” from our FREE Experiencer Research Study. This document is a preliminary report of the data from our first of our three part research study. The data is presented in a series of “Pie Charts” for approximately 80% of our Phase 1 Survey questions. The data was collected over a five month period. We hope to continue this project for many years and to write a formal report on our findings at the end of each year. All of our data will be made available to the public at the end of each year. The attached 2 page cover letter provides additional information on our research study.
Please circulate and forward this email and attached document as widely as possible
and encourage other Experiencers to take our survey.
In approximately 2 weeks our Phase 2 Survey will be ready and this survey has over one thousand questions. Once again, our FREE Experiencer Research Study is historic and this type of comprehensive academic research study has never been attempted before.
We want to clarify several negative rumors that have been circulating around the internet. The first rumor is that our research study is not a scientific study. In response, we want to inform everyone that the FREE Experiencer Research Study was developed and supervised by 2 retired Professors of Psychology– Dr. Jon Klimo, the world’s leading academic on the so called “Paranormal” phenomena, and Dr. Leo Sprinkle, the pioneer in the research field of “ET Contact/Abduction” who published his first article in this subject in 1962. Dr. Jon Klimo is the Chair of our FREE Experiencer Research Study. Professor Klimo has chaired over 250 Ph.D. dissertations in his 40 years in academia, 75 of them have been on the topic of the “Paranormal”. He has published numerous academic books and articles on the “Paranormal”, most in peer reviewed academic journals.
Professor Klimo has also taught “Research Methodology” for over 40 years, beginning as a Professor at Rutgers College and he also developed the “Research Methodology” for the FREE Experiencer Research Study.
Professor Jon Klimo and Professor Leo Sprinkle were assisted by other members of our FREE Experiencer Research Committee. These other members are the top researchers in the field of ET Contact/Abduction studies in the world, almost all with at least 25 years of researching and publishing in this field. These individuals helped to develop the appropriate questions to ask and made numerous changes to the various drafts of our Phase 1 and Phase 2 Surveys that was discussed in our many research committee meetings.
We also want to personally thank the other members of our research committee: Dr. Leo Sprinkle, Mary Rodwell, Whitley Strieber, Barbara Lamb, Ralph Steiner, Kathleen Marden, Denise Stoner, Giorgio Piacenza, Dr. Joe Lewels, Dr. Michael Melton, Chase Kloetzke, Jody Long, & Barry “Bear” Gaunt”. We also want to thank our Research Assistants: Rey Hernandez, Christina Knowles, Rhonda Sherman, Yanelle Martinez, and Giles Campbell. Without their assistance Professor Jon Klimo’s task of developing this research study and research methodology would have been extremely difficult. Thus, thank you from the bottom of our heart.
We also want to clarify a second rumor that has been circulating around the internet by two individuals and that is that we are basing our study on “Hypnotic Regression”. This rumor is patently false and is an attempt to derail our project. Both our Phase 1 and Phase 2 surveys state as follows:
“Please answer these questions only if you CONSCIOUSLY recall them (NOT WITH HYPNOSIS).”
If these two individuals circulating this malicious rumor would have read our survey they would have been given notice of this fact. These individuals also did not even bother to contact any member of FREE before spreading this malicious rumor via the internet.
Finally, there is a third rumor being circulated via the internet and is that FREE was biased and was not objective in publicizing our Phase 1 Survey and our research study. This rumor is also patently false. There are many individuals and organizations that take extreme positions stating that these ETs (non-human intelligent beings) are either primarily Benevolent (Friendly) or are primary Malevolent (Evil). FREE is a scientific research organization and we do not take any position regarding the issue of what is the “ET Agenda”. FREE has numerous academics on our Advisory Board and as Consultants. FREE also has as Advisory Board members and Consultants the following: a retired NASA Astronaut, an Astro-Physics Professor from Harvard, various retired academics, 5 Physicists, 5 Ph.D. Psychologists, 5 Medical Doctors, 2 Attorneys, and various other research scientists as well as numerous “Researchers” and Experiencers. Our goal is to establish for the first time, a comprehensive scientifically driven data base, on individuals that have had ALL types of UFO related Contact with non-human intelligent beings.
To respond to these false rumors circulating throughout the internet, the following is the outreach FREE has undertaken to advertise the Phase 1 Survey:
1. Facebook: We have joined Facebook and each week post on over 250 Ufology, Paranormal, and ET Abduction sites on Facebook and provide these sites with information on our Research Study.
2. Radio: FREE members have appeared in approximately 25 radio interviews since January 1st of this year where we have publicly informed the audience members of our research study. We will continue to do weekly radio interviews with radio stations that focus on the topics of UFOs, ET Contact/Abductions, and the Paranormal. We have also made requests for interviews with many other radio stations such as Coast to Coast, Dark Matter Radio, Jimmy Church Radio, and many other radio stations. Christina Knowles, Ralph Steiner, Kathleen Marden, Rey Hernandez and Mary Rodwell (all members of our FREE Research Committee) have appeared on various radio shows over the last few months and have informed the audience about FREE and our FREE Experiencer Research Study. The 3 FREE Co-Directors (Mary Rodwell, Rey Hernandez, Christina Knowles) have appeared on the following radio programs: the MUFON Radio Show, the California MUFON Radio Show, Behind the Paranormal, Inception Radio Network, Dark Matter Radio, Starborn Support Radio and the Joe Montaldo Show. We are also booked for the following future shows: Dr. Rita Louise, Brent Holland, Mel Fabregas, and Late Night in the Midlands. We also hope to appear on many other radio shows.
3. Email and Personal Communication: On a daily basis FREE has sent out hundreds of emails and letters to well known UFO authors and researchers and most of the authors of books on the topics of “Aliens”, “ETs”, “Abductions”, etc. Last week we managed to get the commitments of Grant Cameron, Colin Andrews, and Mel Fabregas, all well known in the UFO field, to agree to become Interviewers for our Phase 3 Interviews. Just today a member of our group spoke with a famous author named Evie Logren who has written several books and articles on Alien Abductions, MILABS, and other UFO/ET related topics. She has agreed to allow FREE to post various of her articles on our site, and might agree to become an Interviewer.
Several members from our organization have also made contact with other well known individuals (Peter Robins, David Jacobs, Paola Harris, Derrel Sims, Richard Dolan, James Brantley, Melinda Leslie, LA Marzulli, Stan Friedman, and many others) and we are waiting to schedule conversations with these individuals and many other well known researchers. We have also sent information about FREE and our research study to each of these individuals and encouraged them to inform their readers and followers about our research study.
4. Starborn Support Conference: In September of 2013, several members of FREE attended the Starborn Support Conference in Portland, Maine, a conference focused on ET Abductions and ET Experiencers, and we informed everyone in the audience about FREE and our research study.
5. International UFO Conference: Many FREE members will also be attending this conference for one week from Feb 17 to Feb 22, 2015. FREE will also have a table at the conference. Our objective will be to educate the thousands of members attending this conference about FREE’s mission and projects and especially publicize our FREE Experiencer Research Study.
In summary, no one can credibly attempt to argue that we have been biased in reaching out to selected groups regarding our research study. Our selected groups have indeed been individuals, researchers, organizations, and radio stations focused in the fields of Ufology, ET Contact, ET Abductions, and the Paranormal. All of our outreach efforts, and all the efforts FREE will undertake in the future, should squash this and other false and negative rumors being circulated around the internet.
7. YOUR ROLE:
a. We encourage each and every one of you to please start informing all Experiencers/Contactees/Abductees about FREE and our Research Study.
b. Many of you also undertake periodic radio interviews and this would be an appropriate place to talk about FREE and our Research Study.
c. Many of you have blogs and websites and I encourage each of you to write a statement about FREE and our Experiencer Research Study.
d. We encourage each of you to place a copy of our FREE logo on your website. (Attached are 2 of our FREE logos) Thus, when someone visits your website, your readers will be encouraged to link on our FREE logo that will take a reader directly to our FREE website.
e. Please try to state in your Bios for radio interviews that you are also a “Friend of FREE” and support FREE’s Experiencer Research Study. All of these actions will provide continued legitimacy for FREE and encourages others to visit our web site and to take our survey.
Finally, we are almost finished loading our Phase 2 Survey on our online software program, Survey Monkey. This Phase 2 Survey has approximately 1,000 questions. Approximately 97% of responders to our Phase 1 Survey have stated that they want to participate in our Phase 2 Survey and our Phase 3 Interviews. We expect the Phase 3 Interviews to begin in early April of 2015. A memo will be sent to all potential Interviewers in mid March. Please inform us if you desire to be an Interviewer for our Phase 3 Interviews.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Entire FREE Research Study Preliminary Findings, Feb 7, 2015
Once again, please circulate and forward this email and attached document
as widely as possible and encourage other Experiencers to take our survey.
Please contact any of us via our email address, FREE@EXPERIENCER.CO, should you have any questions. Thank you.
Mary Rodwell, Rey Hernandez, Christina Knowles
Co-Directors and Co-Founders
FREE (Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters)